Olive oil staple’s many health benefits that most of the people are aware of it and also been used as a key ingredient in every kitchen. It is used to give high benefits which including beauty and to get it people have to use in their daily food. But, some people have questions that it will give same advantages for dog too? Sure! Using olive oil in your canine’s bowl can improve their health, their fur, hair and even their skin. If you have a question, whether your pet will like it, then the answer is, it tastes surprisingly doggone good. If you try it, then prosperity in health will certainly take you to incorporate it into their daily routine.
Though the benefits go beyond words, here are a few of them that as follows:
- Helps in balancing the weight and controls gain – Olive oil contains monounsaturated fats that help in breaking down the fat inside the fat cells and actually encourages in shedding of pounds. This practice of consuming the oil will help dogs that haveweight issues.
- Prevents diabetes – The same monounsaturated fats also help in preventing the onset of diabetes along with weight control. Thus, olive oil is known to have good fats, helps to ward off diabetes by maintaining insulin sensitivity factor.
- Promotes optimal health – When the weight and diabetes are controlled, automatically health will be improved. In addition, the oleic acid in olive oil holds to prevent cardiovascular disorders and cancer as well.
- Boosts the immune system – Olive oil supply high level of antioxidants, including vitamin E, chlorophyll, polyphenols and carotenoids, all of these helps to fight effectively against illnesses and diseases. Whenever the seasons change, just like humans, dogs are also prone to getting sick. So, feeding your dog with some olive oil will help them to keep their health well.
- Promotes canine longevity – Dogs don’t live nearly as long as we want and even worse that we find dogs that turn grey before their time. And when olive oil is provided, it prevents oxidation of free radical cell that results in avoiding premature aging by keeping your dog look as vibrantly youthful. Olive oil in general, will do so much as possible to improve their health. So, it will eventually extend the life of your pup. Thus, you can enjoy some more years together!
- Improves their thinking ability – Olive oil helps in the productivity of brain cells, just like the good fats in fish that works. This can actually make your dog look smarter and more focused. Though it keeps the mind alert, still training can also be very beneficial in maintaining these qualities. It is called as brain food, as it promotes the vital nutrients in some breeds mostly.
- Improves circulation – Simply it provides an energy boost by recuperating blood flow by adding doses of olive oil.
- Helps the respiratory system – Dogs also get asthma just like humans. Thus, olive oil can help in reducing the symptoms of asthma and improves breathing especially for brachycephalic breeds. For example: Bulldogs, generally have struggle in breathing. So, olive oil can help them for breathing.
- Skin moisturizer – A daily dose of olive oil can help your dog, if in case it is suffering from dry skin, itchy skin, or just dull hair. It will rejuvenate by restoring moisture to the skin and will brighten up the tired-looking locks.
- It’s too tasty – If you haven’t tried yet, choose the feeding time to make them even happier, because the dogs enjoy the taste that you can’t imagine. It can encourage dogs to eat again and again, who might have lost their appetite due to some reason.
How to Give Olive oil to your dog?
Add about a tablespoon of olive oil every day in food that will hold all the benefits which your dog needs. And don’t exceed the limit! That’s because, as olive oil does taste too good for dogs, that may prompt you for pouring it more than a spoon. As recommended, you can mix it with their wet food or add it to dry food that usually stale, can be a bit improved back to life. By doing so, their food will level up with more pleasant mild flavour. Isn’t it an easy way to get your dog on regular healthy diet?
For improving your dog’s skin, just gently massage some oil on the surface of skin whenever needed and you may find immediate improvements in the skin prosperity within time.
Again, olive oil is generally a rich source for health improvement. And for dogs, it can be an easy ongoing treatment for their health especially. Just pour some amount or a spoonful of oil over their food and also rub an even amount on their skin as well regularly. As a result, you’ll be amazed at the quick changes inside and outside. You can take suggestions from your vet while speaking others health issues in dog. Just confirm once, whether it’s safe for your dog to use olive oil and they must ensure about the quantity that they are providing.
P.S. Be sure to Pin this in case you need to share it with a friend later on!