Cavalier King Charles Spaniel is one of the most popular breeds among dogs originated in U.K. It is a toy dog and has smooth silky coat and an undocked tail. They are descended from pug or small toy dogs brought from Europe to Scotland. Initially they were lap dogs for noble class. They grow up to 30-33 cm i.e. 12 to 13 inches weighing 4.5 to 8.2 kg i.e. 10 to 18 pounds. The skull of Cavalier King Charles Spaniel is flat and length of muzzle is long. They have four distinct colours tricolor, black and tan ruby and Blenheim.
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel is family dogs and needs human interaction. They should not be left alone for long time because they are friendly with both humans and other animal. They are always excited to please and love socializing with big dogs. They are an ideal choice for an owner to keep it as a pet because they have the ability of bonding with other dogs of any breed easily. They are an excellent partner for any elderly person or any medical patients. They are very sporting and quite obedient. Because of their gentle and sweet nature these dogs can also be used for therapy. They are highly adaptable in exercise, long walks or sleeping in couch happily.
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel can’t be trusted with roads as they run on busy streets after every moving vehicle. Their lovable nature makes it difficult for them to be watch dogs but they are great hunters. Due to their long hair they need brushing once in a week. Trimming is avoided but many owners trim the slippers so that they don’t get dirty while playing outside.
Some features of Cavalier King Charles Spaniel are:
- They are adaptable in any environment being it an apartment or garden or any other place.
- They are easy to manage for the owners except the regular routine of brushing their coat.
- They are too much sensitive as they have the ability to socialize with everyone even with the strangers.
- They don’t love staying alone as they want to please people and attract them towards it.
- They can tolerate cold weather but not the hot weather because of their double coating.
- This is an ideal dog for family he easily gets affected to anyone.
- Due to his affection and lovable nature kids also love him.
- They need regular grooming to stay health and clean.
- They don’t put on weight because of their sporting and playing nature.
- They can easily be trained from youth so that they learn quickly and easily.
- They are intelligent and have decision making powers because of training practices.
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel is cute, sweet, adorable and social which makes him ideal as a pet for people who are old and have small kids. Apart from being cute and sweet they are intelligent and have some decision power with them.
P.S. Be sure to Pin this in case you need to share it with a friend later on!